Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Brew: German Bock - 15/07/2009

Hi all,

Brewed a German Bock today. Used one of those Nitro brewing fresh wort kits which I have used before a i reckon taste sweet as. I tasted the wort and found it to be quite sweet up front (as you'd expect of an unfermented wort) with lots of rich chocolate tones and earthiness coming after that. Then is finishes nice and bitter at the end. I'm planning to ferment this at around 12 degrees for between 3 to fours weeks so it should be nice a crisp as you'd expect from a larger. Details below. I will post a report in a few days after fermentation has started. I'm also planning to put down a second brew tonight as well - trying a Irish Red Ale for the first time.

Style: Bock (German dark larger)
OG: 1044
Temp at pitch: 25 degrees
Volume: 17.5 litres
Yeast: White Labs WLP830 German Lager Yeast

Cheers,

Steve...

No comments: